The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is accredited through the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology). The most recent accreditation renewal was announced on August 5, 2015. The Department is currently preparing for its five year renewal in the fall of 2020.
ABET accreditation ensures that your educational experience meets the global standard for technical education. ABET accreditation is recognized worldwide through international agreements, and many other countries’ national accrediting systems are based on the ABET model.
BSCS Program Educational Objectives
As effective members of the computer science profession:
- Graduates demonstrate the ability to solve computing problems commensurate with their levels of professional experience.
- Graduates demonstrate the ability to contribute effectively to the benefit of teams.
- Graduates continue to update their professional knowledge and skills to adapt to the changes in technology and the evolving needs of society and the workplace.
BSCS Student Outcomes
In keeping with the accreditation of the BSCS program by ABET, the Department helps students have the ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
BSCS Undergraduate Fall Semester Enrollments
BSCS Undergraduate Degrees Awarded (Total of December, May, and August)
*Through May 2020, does not include August 2020.
The University of Mississippi is accredited under SACS.